Wednesday 18 July 2012

Wedding in the country

Last weekend i attended my friend's wedding at Boconnoc House, Lostwithiel in Cornwall. It was my very first time in Cornwall and i must say i was pleasantly surprised. To be honest, i didn't really know what to expect from Lostwithiel as i had never heard of it. However as i am always up for an adventure and broadening my horizons as my sister always says, i was really excited not only to attend their wedding but explore new territory.

The ceremony itself was beautiful, quite emotional at times but all in all an amazing day and the bride looked AMAZING.

The venue for me was breathtaking and the grounds endless, just how i like it, I'll be doing a separate post on the venue so you can appreciate the awesomeness.








                                                                      Vintage Gold Lace dress - BeyondRetro
                                                                                     Shoes - Bertie
                                                                                    Clutch - Accessorize






















Traditional locally made Cornish Pasty


I stayed at a place called Royal Oaks Inn in the heart of Lostwithiel. There were only six rooms in the Inn, five of which were occupied by my friends and i which was great. There is a certain warmth and intimacy about this place and i thought our rooms were quite nice, and the staff were lovely considering the racket we made when we got back from the wedding.

If you happen to find yourself in Lostwithiel and need a place to stay, I'd definitely recommend Royal Oak.

PS: am i the only one who loves the amount of pillows you get given in a hotel? I would love to have four pillows and two cushions laid out on my bed every night, even though i know for me it isn't sustainable as i will just push off everything at night and sleep with only one.



                                                                                     xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment